I've just joined, The Homeschool Lounge and
have met many wonderful women on this
network and so glad to have found them.
For the past few weeks, I've been contemplating
whether or not I'm going to do homeschool..and
after joining this group, I'm going to just start out
with my 4 year old and see how that goes.
While on there browsing through their Duggar
Group, I came upon the "Duggar Set of Rules"
and thought that we truly need this list in our
home. In case you're wondering who the Duggars
are..they're a Christian Couple with 18 children
now expecting child #19. I love watching their
show on The TLC Channel. They have a
website also that you can visit them at, go here.
I asked my oldest daughter, Tia to come and
copy the list so that we may post it in the kitchen,
the kids room, and our room. I'll find a better
way to post and frame it for our living room.
Their "Tater-Tot Casserole" dish is a favorite
in our home and is always served at least 3 times
a month or more. I really look up to Michelle
and Jim-Bob for raising up their family in Christ
like ways and constantly try to do the same for
Hope you enjoy their List of Rules..
1. Always use soft words, even when you don’t feel well.
2. Always display kind actions and joyful attitudes, even if you have been mistreated. Have the right response by quickly forgiving others in your heart even before they ask.
3. Always be enthusiastic and look for opportunities to praise others' character.
4. Always deflect praise and be grateful to God and others for the ways they have benefited your life.
5. Always use manners and be respectful of others and their belongings.
6. Always do what is right, even when others may not, or when no one is looking.
7. Thank God for how He made you, for what He has given you and everything He allows you to go through. (Romans 8:28)
8. Don’t mock or put others down. Develop compassion and pray for others.
9. Never argue, complain, or blame. Quickly admit when you have done wrong and ask for forgiveness (even if you were only 10% at fault). Don't wait till you’re caught. Be sure your sins will find you out. He who covers his sin will not prosper, but he that confesses and forsakes it shall find mercy.
10. Have a tough accountability/prayer partner to daily share your heart with and to keep you in line (your parents, spouse). The power of sin is in secrecy.
11. Be attentive and look for ways to serve others with sincere motives and no thought of self-gain.
12. Think pure thoughts (Philippians 4:8, Romans 13:14).
13. Always give a good report of others. Don't gossip! Never tale-bear unless physical harm will come to someone. (Use Matthew 18.)
14. Never raise a hand to hit.
15. Never raise a foot to kick.
16. Never raise an object to throw.
17. Never raise a voice to yell.
18. Never raise an eye to scowl.
19. Use one toy/activity at a time. Share!
20. Do your best to keep your surroundings neat, clean and organized.
21. Never let the sun go down on your wrath. (Don’t go to bed angry or guilty)
22. Amendment J.O.Y. -
Put Jesus first, Others second, Yourself last.
Gotta love J.O.Y. - That one is my favorite....