Saturday, February 12, 2011

Dealing With Bad Manners,Temper Tantrums & Fights



by
Eileen Spinelli
ISBN: 978-0807563793
Hardcover: 32 pages


All week I've been frustrated about the constant fighting, screaming
and bickering going on between the children these past few weeks
and happened to see this book at the local library yesterday about
Peace Week in Miss Fox's Class by Eileen Spinelli, Illustrated by
Anne Kennedy. So I grabbed it and knew this would be the first
thing I would be reading to the younger two. 

Although Loni thinks he's too grown up for these books, I think 
he would learn a thing or two after hearing me read it. 

Yesterday was a busy day, so I got the chance to read it to them
this morning along with some other books on how to teach your 
children good manners. Don't get me wrong I teach my kids and
talk to them constantly, yet somehow I think it goes in one ear 
and out the other. 

The kids did like the book and I'm noticing more peace and quiet
in the house today. Thank goodness, let's hope that this lasts for 
the remainder of the weekend and on to next week. :) Now on to
the teaching them good manners and proper etiquette book! 


Elbow Off the Table, Napkin in the Lap, No Video
Games During Dinner
(The Modern Guide to Teaching Children Good Manners)
by
Carol McD. Wallace

Softcover: 258 Pages
ISBN: 031214122-x
Publisher: ST. Martin's Griffin 
Language: English

The kids enjoyed this book as well and started telling me the 
other's mistakes and what they needed to improve on. I learned 
a couple of things on here myself. It's a really useful book on raising
well mannered kids. Do you have any tips on what you do at home
with your children? 



4 comments:

More Than Words said...

I can totally relate to the bickering, tattling, and just overall nonsense that can go on between siblings! I always tell them that when they are behaving that way, they need to check their hearts because it is not in the right place. Of course, there's more..but that's usually the root of all problems.

Kepa 4leta said...

Awww thanks Maopa, this is just perfect, I will definitely check this out at the library close by. I just feel like the older they get, the worse it gets with the temper and fights, OMG, but its funny when we had an elderly friend over, she spoke to my girls about INSIDE VOICES and they practiced using their inside voices. When they'd run off and start yelling again, she called them back and sit them down and reminded them to use their inside voices. I told my friend that it seems to me that my girls would rather listen to other people than to me, their own mother. Anyways, just something to share hehehe and will definitely check out those books if they're available at the library, THANKS! =)

Unknown said...

That sounds like something I need to be telling my kids! Thanks for stopping by Alicia..:)

Unknown said...

lol..love your girls and using the inside voices! I remembered hearing them say that at church or something like that and didn't think to use it on my kids..hoi. Thanks for stopping by Kepa:) Happy Birthday!