Monday, November 9, 2009

Watching New Moon as a Church Activity?



As most of you know, I'm a second counselor
in our ward's Young Women Presidency and
I teach the Beehive class. After our lesson we
we had discussed our combined YW activity
for this month, yes, you guessed right.

The girls want to go as a whole to watch New
Moon the night it comes out. I'm okay going to
watch it on my own. But have a bad feeling
the parents might not be so happy about it.

Our YW Pres. thinks it's okay also..but thinks
it would be suitable only for the Laurels since
they're over the PG-13 requirements and on
their own time.

What are your thoughts on this? I really want
to go and watch it with my girlfriends, but feel
as if I'm on shaky ground with this subject and
taking our YW to watch it.

So I told my Beehives to deccide on an activity
just for our class only and they prefer to just
bake cookies for the firefighters in the
neighborhood for the beehives class activity.
Good enough for me..lol..

3 comments:

More Than Words said...

I think with movies like this, it can go both ways. Some families are totally against it because of this movie really represents.

I think you're safe doing the baking! LOL

Unknown said...

lol..thanks, Alicia..me too!

Flory said...

I agree with Alicia. You might as well be safe here.