On Saturday we watched both sessions of General Conference.
It was wonderful to hear the messages given, I felt renewed
and spiritually fed. Loni my 8 year old actually listened and
told me that he loves the talks that were given. It really made
me happy to hear him say that, Nesi already had her General
Conference booklet in hand from her Sunday school teacher.
So that kept her busy for a while.
I also was contacted by my supervisor asking if I could cover
for a co-contractor on Sunday in Sherwood. I was told that she
is in the hospital, so I agreed and covered for her yesterday.
I really wanted to stay and enjoy General Conference, but knew
that we are struggling and I need to help out Mel with the finances
and figured that I'll catch up,while the kids are in school on Monday
This morning I did just that. After getting the kids to school, I
turned up the computer so that I could hear the messages from
the kitchen while washing the dishes and cleaning the house.
While listening to our President and Prophet, Thomas S. Monson
and others speak, I thought about the list of things that I was going
to change about myself starting today. These are things that I took
from the messages and talks given Saturday and Sunday.
- Family time is precious and hold our family home evenings every Monday night no matter what. Change our schedules so that nothing else is held on Monday nights but FHE [Family Home Evening]
- Don't Judge Others
- Spend more time in the service of others
- Preparing my daughters to be prepared as women before reaching Relief Society through self-reliance, making sure they're not spiritually deprived, take them with me on my visiting teaching assignments so that they can learn early on how to reach out to our fellow relief society sisters to strengthen the homes of Zion.
- Reading the scriptures daily as well as the church magazines with the family to strengthen our family relationship and home.
- Be closer to my hubby, family and siblings.
- Pray always with family and for them