Saturday, February 13, 2010

Cake Bake Proposition

Isin't this cake stunning? Yes,
it's from Martha Stewart Living.

I was approached last Sunday by our
Relief Society Board to create a cake
for the RS Birthday Celebration on
March 19th. They asked me for a price
and I told them I would get in touch.

They were looking at something in
this range but Gold and Royal Blue.

I asked them what flavors they
wanted and they're letting me choose
it. But The would love just 3 cakes
like this one. Nice and elegant.

Somebody asked if it was going to be fruit cake. I almost lost my footing and did
a double take and said, no. It'll either be red velvet cake, lemon cake or a rich
dense apple cake. Still thinking on the fillings. We're also decorating the gym too.

So that's covered as I spoke with Lani [our YW president] and the YW will be
decorating. I asked if it's for the evening and they said, yes. It will be wheeled
in during the dance. hmm, that makes me nervous. I'd rather have it done and
set up at a table instead.

I've been going over the materials I'll need to make this happen and getting
tons of tips from master baker websites. Do you have any tips that you'd like
to share? I'm all ears and would love to hear back from you.

No comments: